Everything we have mentioned in the descriptions of the above panels, will be directly effected by negotiations in APEC and TPP. Local sovereignty, militarization and colonization, forms of development, control and ultimate ownership of resources, worker rights, investment protocols, energy and resource battles are all implicated in the grand bargain sought by great powers and their corporations. We need to learn every detail of these agreements, and their import. And we need to determine what, exactly, we can do about it.
PRESENTERS: (click on name for short bio & video)
- Victor Menotti (Internat’l Forum on Globalization)
- Lori Wallach (Public Citizen, Wash. DC)
- Jane Kelsey (Aotearoa/New Zealand) Prof. of Law, Univ. of Auckland; Author of “TPPA – No Ordinary Deal: Unmasking the Trans-Pacific partnership free Trade Agreement”
- Yasuo Konda (People’s Action Against TPP, JAPAN)
- Walden Bello (Philippine Legislature, Focus on Global South)